Peace and tranquility at this couples Resort
Couples who enjoy spending their days in the great outdoors and their nights in front of a fire should definitely book some “we” time at the Couples Resort (139 Galeairy Lake Rd., Algonquin Park, ON).
Located on the shores of the gorgeous Galeairy Lake and the Madawaska River (with Algonquin Park as your backyard), the resort promises to rekindle the passion of your relationship with also allowing two to become one with nature.
The best part is that you are not restricted by season as you can experience a weekend there at anytime during the year. There are 10 saunas, 27 walk-in steam rooms, 21 walk-in euro showers, 23 outdoor hot tubs and 48 in-room Jacuzzi tubs, each in front of their own fire place.
The Couples Resort is designed for new couples, honeymooners and retirees alike. If you are looking to do more than just take it easy, there are an infinite number of activities as well. If you book during the winter months, you go ice hiking, cross country skiing, and even dog sledding. Much of the equipment is provided to guests free of charge when you stay for more than two days, so all you need to do is pack a weekend bag and book.Celebrating a special anniversary and want to bring that bottle you’ve been saving for the event? Pack that too as there are NO corkage fees.
There are even more options available in the spring, summer, and autumn seasons.
Tennis & Badinton
– 2 asphalt regulation-size tennis courts with all the racquets and balls provided
– 1 asphalt regulation-size badminton court with all the racquets and birdies provided
– Closed during winter
– 10 Norco 21-speed full-suspension mountain bikes mountain bikes
– Closed during winter
– Must be prebooked, limited times and dates.
– Open July and August
– Sailing with skipper available depending on availability
Kayaks & Canoes
– 8 solo lake touring kayaks
– 2 double touring kayaks
– 10 canoes
-14 foot, 8 hp Motor boat rentals.
– Half day is to 1pm
– Half day starts at 2pm
– Inquire at Sport Centre to go out super early next day (as early as sunrise)
Water Skiing, Wake Boarding & Tubing
– Must be prebooked limited times and dates, weather permitting.
– 1 Professional AWSA Record Capable slalom Ski Boat and Wake Boarding
– Available July and August
– Includes Boat Rental with Driver
Paddle Boats & Row Boats
– 2 Paddle Boats
– 2 Row Boats
– Resort scenic lookout trail starts next to the museum and continues for 2.7 km.
– Several trails within Algonquin Park
– The horse ranch operates year round and is a short drive from the resort
Want to stay inside during your retreat? Plenty of options on that front as well. The spa treatments available at The Couples Resort are some of the finest and include reflexology, body scrubs, facials, mani/pedis, and massages.
As far as pricing goes, a weekend stay can start at about $600/weekend in a Junior Suite.
For more information, check out couplesresort.ca or call 1-866-202-1179.